Where I Live: Cleethorpes, UK

1 Conversation

Where I Live: Cleethorpes, UK

Lake at Cleethorpes

I live in the best place in the world. Seriously, I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. I was born in Cleethorpes in 1955 and I'm still here. We have the River Humber on our doorstep which provides tides twice a day. The waves wash onto the promenade on Cleethorpes seafront. On a morning you can watch a glorious sunrise. Full moon nights provide another celestial treat, that ribbon of golden light reaching across the river as the full moon rises from beneath the waves to soar above your head never ceases to amaze. We have a Boating Lake and a Country Park within walking distance, all crammed full of wildlife. We have resident swans, ducks, geese, doves, pigeons, coots and so many gulls you just couldn't count them. You're never at a loss for something to do in Cleethorpes, a walk along the beach searching for pretty shells, or a leisurely stroll around the Boating Lake laughing at the antics of the ducks.

Lake at CleethorpesLake at CleethorpesLake at Cleethorpes
Lake at CleethorpesLake at CleethorpesLake at Cleethorpes
Lake at CleethorpesLake at Cleethorpes
Create Challenge Archive

Galaxy Babe

25.03.24 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A88046823

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more