A Conversation for Things to Do if You Are Stuck at London Heathrow Airport

Terminal 5

Post 1

Vestboy II not playing the Telegram Game at U726319

As I write this the Anti 3rd runway protestors dangling from the construction cranes for terminal 5 are still fresh in my memory. Terminal 5 - what can you say. If it were an airport in its own right it would be the third largest in Europe. Yes T5 at LHR is bigger than Gatwick and just about all of the other Capital City airports in Europe.

Of course it's not open yet and will probably be another couple of years in the construction. Does anyone remember the chip fan fire in Burger King? They had to close down the whole airport to incoming flights.

So have fewer fears about international terrorism than multinational fryers for causing disruption and delay.

And when the extra 30,000,000 per annum passengers start arriving at T5 it will be fun trying to find a fag paper thin enough to fit between the cars on the M4 and M25.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more