A Conversation for Sir Patrick Moore - Astronomer, TV Presenter and Author

Phenomenal Presentation

Post 1

Also Ran1-hope springs eternal


Dear Galaxie Babe,

What an enormous amount of work you have put into this quite wonderful biography of this remarkable man.

I have listened to his programmes practically since they were first introduced. In those days in Zimbabwe the radio was a close friend of mine.

You have taught me so much about his private life which of course, as only a listener to his programme, I know very little about. I wonder if he knew Douglas Adams in view of the fact that Ford Prefect and the other individual appear? If you mentioned it I am sorry.

Again, well done and congratulations.

Christiane AlsoRan1 smiley - schooloffish


Phenomenal Presentation

Post 2

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

Thank you Christianesmiley - hug
I am pleased the Entry is deemed worthy (he's my childhood hero) I honestly didn't think I could do him justice because of the lives he's touched, most of them anonymous to him.
It took some getting through Peer Review, because I had focused on "The Sky At Night" and had to be rewritten twice but I am immensely pleased with the final result.
Look at the people he's met and you just have to think "what a life!" yet in his private life there was the tragedy which left a gaping hole.
I hope he knows how much he is loved and respected by people such as ourselves and how he made a difference to our lives.
I don't know if he ever met Douglas - it's possible as they both worked for the BBC at some time, I mentioned the HHGTTG characters because of the common denominator smiley - smiley

Thank you for dropping by and sharing your thoughts, I really appreciate itsmiley - biggrin

Annie/GB
smiley - towel


Phenomenal Presentation

Post 3

Also Ran1-hope springs eternal


Very dear Annie/GB,

Did you not have any personal interviews with him? You have written so sensitively and thoughtfully and comprehensively about him that I thought you must have met him.

I really think you should send him your piece and then see if you can be his biographer. He deserves it. As he is five years older than I am he is also on the wane, so
Strike while the Iron is hot, me dear, and get cracking. I really did think it was a fascinating piece of writing.

Do you know what illness he had that meant he could not go to school? He must be so intelligent to have acieved such knowledge and yet never have been challenged by University studies. I so agree with you about all the brilliant people and minds he has met. Fascinating that a love of music was shared with so many fof them and I loved the story of he and Schweitzer playing duets. Also that marvellous story about the loss of the introductory music for the programme which he then played on the harpsichord.Stunning!!. Oh I could go on. and on!


He holds his own among all the boffins of astronomy!Now I shall really have to get cracking to get finished with my so dear Missionary. As one gets older one seems to take longer and longer over everything. And with K. not being well it is such a worry I find myself in tears most of the time.

So get cracking. My dear. and become the offcial biographer of one of the great British minds of the 20th/21st centry - who also enjoys cricket!!

With affection and a huge big smiley - hug on a job really well done

Christiane AlsoRan1smiley - schooloffish


Phenomenal Presentation

Post 4

woofti aka groovy gravy

Yes it is a beautiful article, sweetly written. Thank you.

smiley - smiley


Phenomenal Presentation

Post 5

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

Thank you for your feedbacksmiley - biggrin


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more