A Conversation for 'Star Wars' - the Films

Future movies?

Post 1

friendlywithteeth

I have heard that Star Wars was always meant to be a trilogy of trilogies... does Lucas have any intention of doing episodes 7-9
ie


Future movies?

Post 2

Mister Matty

I'm sure he does. And so does his bank manager smiley - winkeye


Future movies?

Post 3

Researcher 187932

I saw an interview here in the states with George Lucas and he said that it had taken so long to start episode 1 after episode 6 that he was no longer going to do 7,8,and 9

I hope he changes his mind (can't wait for episode 2 in a few days)


Future movies?

Post 4

friendlywithteeth

Dag-nabbit!


Future movies?

Post 5

Two Bit Trigger Pumping Moron

I don't know, there's so much of the post Episode VI stuff that's been covered by books and other expanded universe stuff.


Future movies?

Post 6

friendlywithteeth

nevermind


Future movies?

Post 7

Rincewiz

The best of which and adopted by lucasart are the thrawn trilogy and darkempire. (Possibly crimson empire)

Book series thoughout the original movies (also adopted) are Shadows of the empire (I think this is actually written by Lucasarts) and the dark forces trilogy.

Hope you found this helpfull


Future movies?

Post 8

Mister Matty

I was thinking about the "sequel books" problem, too. I'm sure Lucas has his own ideas about what happens after "Return of the Jedi", but if he contradicts the books, the hardcore fans will be upset.


Future movies?

Post 9

Rincewiz

If he's like most writers, he propably has no idea whatsoever.
He also claims to have had the scripts of I-III ready since A new hope but this seems highly unlikely, except for maybe a couple of plot outline-sentences.

I'd be inclined to think that he intended for luke to reunite the dark and the light side of the force, an idea which was novelised in one of the books.


Future movies?

Post 10

friendlywithteeth

It has!?!


Future movies?

Post 11

Rincewiz

If you follow episode one closely, you'll find out the proficy of someone (than believed to be anakin) would bring ballance to the force. Ballance is not making the light side stronger than the dark side by destroying the dark jedi. It's reuniting them.


Future movies?

Post 12

friendlywithteeth

Interesting!


Future movies?

Post 13

Harley Quin

I'm sure George Lucas has said that his original concept for Star Wars was huge - big enough for 9 films. However, over time through rewrites etc, he managed to get it down to 6. He made Star Wars as a one off, possibly because it could stand up as a story in it's own right, but when it was so successful, he renamed it EpIV and went ahead with Episodes V and VI.

When time and technology allowed, he decided to go back and "re-do" Episodes 4-6 with special effects that were impossible at the time they were originally released - the "Special Editions". Having perfected these new techniques, he was then able to make the prequels.

By the time EpIII comes out, we will have the complete story of Anakin Skywalker's rise, fall, and redemption and that will be all - nothing after.

Lucas has also said that each trilogy is about 10 years out of his life, and even if there was any more of the story to tell, he probably wouldn't be inclined to do it.

As for all the novels such as Shadow of the Empire etc, I believe that the "Expanded Universe" stories have to be approved by George Lucas, and that he reserves the right to blow them out of the water if events in the books don't match up with what he decides to do in the film - so if you've written one of these books, and a subsequently made film contradicts everything you've written - tough!


Future movies?

Post 14

Harley Quin

I'm sure George Lucas has said that his original concept for Star Wars was huge - big enough for 9 films. However, over time through rewrites etc, he managed to get it down to 6. He made Star Wars as a one off, possibly because it could stand up as a story in it's own right, but when it was so successful, he renamed it EpIV and went ahead with Episodes V and VI.

When time and technology allowed, he decided to go back and "re-do" Episodes 4-6 with special effects that were impossible at the time they were originally released - the "Special Editions". Having perfected these new techniques, he was then able to make the prequels.

By the time EpIII comes out, we will have the complete story of Anakin Skywalker's rise, fall, and redemption and that will be all - nothing after.

Lucas has also said that each trilogy is about 10 years out of his life, and even if there was any more of the story to tell, he probably wouldn't be inclined to do it.

As for all the novels such as Shadow of the Empire etc, I believe that the "Expanded Universe" stories have to be approved by George Lucas, and that he reserves the right to blow them out of the water if events in the books don't match up with what he decides to do in the film - so if you've written one of these books, and a subsequently made film contradicts everything you've written - tough!


Future movies?

Post 15

friendlywithteeth

smiley - biggrin Not a man to cross then!


Balance to the Force

Post 16

Two Bit Trigger Pumping Moron

I think Anakin does bring balance to the force. When Episode I begins there are thousands of jedi but only two dark jedi. At the begining of Episode VI, there are two of each.


Balance to the Force

Post 17

friendlywithteeth

hmmm...I'm not completely convinced...


Balance to the Force

Post 18

Oh_sigh00

The way the whole Anakin bringing balance to the force thing works is that the Jedi on a sort of Force bathroom scale are 0 since they are in tune with the force. The Sith(or Dark Jedi) are sort of a Forceian ton and therefore tip the balance. When Anakin kills the Emperor and becomes good, shazaam! Balance


Balance to the Force

Post 19

friendlywithteeth

I like the Shazaam! But...still a little unsure.


Balance to the Force

Post 20

Oh_sigh00

Honestly, that's the gospel. But if you're still unsure you can check Return of the Jedi and think about the Jedi prophecy about Anakin. You'll figure it out after a while.smiley - zen


Key: Complain about this post