A Conversation for Bagels

I hate bagels.

Post 1

Computer Cowboy

All that talk about bagels and absolutely no mention of the fact that they basically are the worst tasting, most over-rated piece of boiled dough ever to be consumed by anyone. It is no surprise that they come in so many different flavors, and people put gobs of cheese and butter, seads, garlic, whatever on them.. It is to try to cover up and hide what is always an obnoxious experienece at best.


I do not hate bagels.

Post 2

Jimi X

I love bagels! That chewy, doughy consistency is wonderful...
I don't toast them or put cream cheese upon them.
Uncooked, chewy and plain with a hot mug of coffee - YUMMY!

smiley - smiley


I do not hate bagels.

Post 3

Vide

...no..no...they have got to be warm...with alot of cheese and...and som salami...and alot of other wonderfully tasting things...(I'm Swedish)


I do not hate bagels.

Post 4

Jimi X

Yumm, salami and cream cheese! smiley - smiley


I do not hate bagels.

Post 5

Computer Cowboy

Cream cheese, YUM
Salami YUM

But combine them with the ultimate in disgust, the bagel and even those become less that good foods.

Heck, spread the cheese on the salami and leave out the bagel all together. High in protein, low in carbs, and no nasty taste of bagel.
What a deal.


I do not UNDERSTAND bagels

Post 6

Wotzit

Is the hole in the middle made to any purpose?
Is it a drainage for anything more liquid than philadelphia cheese?
Is it a way of punishing you for having chosen the wrong filling (say strawberry jam) by depositing any excess of it in the middle of your palm?
What about a bagel with a hole in the top but without any hole in the bottom?
WOOPS!!! the jam on the keyboard agaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii


I do not UNDERSTAND bagels

Post 7

Vide

...I get the impression that you have not even tasted the hole...you have to have that experience before you can have an opinion...


I do not UNDERSTAND bagels

Post 8

Computer Cowboy

Bah humbagel.


I do not UNDERSTAND bagels

Post 9

Jimi X

LOL! smiley - smiley


Fried Onion Bagel

Post 10

Majikthyze

The best........Slice an onion bagel, butter and fry the open face till golden brown.........with cappucino....smiley - smiley

This is the best of all breakfasts.....better even than fresh croisant and coffee in Paris......

Get the best at Silvio's between Gt Easter and Paul Street, London E1 (ish)......tell'm I sent you.......and get a plain bagel with smoked salmon and cream cheese for lunch.......Mmm...Mmmmm


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more