Become a fan of h2g2
Roasted, marinated pork is a traditional Cuban dish. This marinade is particularly good with pork, but can also be used on chicken, lamb and goat.
- 20 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons salt
- The juice of two oranges, one lemon and one lime, mixed together
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1.5 cups Spanish olive oil
- Mash garlic and salt into a paste, using a mortar and pestle.
- Stir in fruit juices, onion, and oregano.
- Let sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes.
- In a saucepan, heat olive oil to the boiling point and remove from the heat.
- Whisk in the garlic-orange juice mixture until well blended. This makes approximately two pints of marinade.
- Marinate meat for four hours.
- Baste meat with mojo during cooking.