A Conversation for Terry Pratchett's Discworld

The City Watch

Post 1

Researcher Beckzter

The Watch Rules! They remind me of the boys and girls I used to work with on the Night Shift when I was a security officer. Karen was a bit of a rottweiler, so she could have equated to Angua(the werewolf), me, being big and lumbering, was Detritus the troll, and our boss was more like Carrot than Vimes. I think that Terry Pratchett ought to write more adventures of the Watch, or at least turn some of the books already written into either graphic novels or an animated series (a la Witches Abroad and Soul Music). Any Watch Fans out there that want to have a conflab, e-mail me on [email protected], and I look forward to hearing from u soon.


The City Watch

Post 2

Dr Anthea - ah who needs to learn things... just google it!

this sound interesting
tell me more... please
Anthea...smiley - blackcat and member of the guild of wizards smiley - wizard


The City Watch

Post 3

shrinkwrapped

More about the Discworld or more about the Watch? Or the Animated Series? Or all three?


The City Watch

Post 4

Dr Anthea - ah who needs to learn things... just google it!

all three please


The City Watch

Post 5

AgProv2

Having done my time in the Royal Welch Fusiliers, may I add that the veteran Welsh (Llamedosian) sergeant in "Night Watch" is absolutely spot on?

It's a peculiarity of the British Army that Welsh NCO's are not given to turning the air purple with liberal applications of swear words - although they certainly know how to get a point across succinctly, often in two languages (or the "Wenglish" mixture of both you hear in the Border counties)

And Pterry is right - Welsh regiments are about the only ones with a repertoire of hymns that double as marching songs, although in the manner of "See The Angels Rise Up", we could switch from "Bread of Heaven" to the one that goes to the tune of "Clementine" in no seconds nothing...




Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more