A Conversation for Assertiveness and Assertiveness Training

The Portions are asserted

Post 1

John Luc

Well done, Ormondroyd! smiley - applause
This portion of P.U.D.D.I.N.G. is impressed and congratulates you on your article. smiley - cheers
And, to keep my curmudgeon appearance valid, smiley - groansmiley - crosssmiley - wahsmiley - grr.
I raise my smiley - ale to you!


The Portions are asserted

Post 2

Ormondroyd

smiley - ta Glad you liked it! smiley - cheers

Actually, there's one thing I left out that really should have been included: a very effective breathing technique I was taught on the Assertiveness Training course I did. If you have something to do that makes you particularly anxious, just breathe out slowly... keep your lungs empty for as long as is comfortable... then breathe in slowly. Repeat for about five minutes, and the effect is amazing. It somehow affects your body chemistry and cancels the 'fight-or-flight' responses. Not much good if you're anxious because someone looks like they're about to hit you, but really good before, say, an exam or a job interview. I'd forgotten all about that until yesterday when I saw someone's entry on anxiety in Peer Review.

I might go to Editorial Feedback and ask if I can belatedly drop in an extra paragraph about that for this piece.


Key: Complain about this post

The Portions are asserted

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more