A Conversation for The Tour de France - A Quick Guide

Tour de France

Post 1

guina

it is great!!!!!!

smiley - cheers


Tour de France

Post 2

rainbowpopeyedoyle

hi out there, is there any body interested in the tour de france <smiley - ok


Tour de France

Post 3

the_jon_m - bluesman of the parish

check out reefgirl


Tour de France

Post 4

Lucky Llareggub - no more cannibals in our village, we ate the last one yesterday..

I've got my wine and baguettes ordered and set up the old exercise bike in front of the tele. I like to do the last hour of each stage with the riders. Live on Eurosport (transmitted in both formats and in two languages including English) unlike tight-fisted bbc-world now only avaialble in Europe on digital-tv which I haven't got.

To Sean Kelly & co. I raise my Chapeau!!! Super stuff!!!


Tour de France

Post 5

guina

wow i shud try that sometime sounds good! smiley - biggrin


Tour de France

Post 6

guina

and if your watching on itv4 just remember - halfords, the route to the ultimate ride smiley - winkeye


Tour de France

Post 7

the_jon_m - bluesman of the parish

well, in Essex, a few halfrods have got rid of the bikes and specialise in tacky car addons for your Citroen Saxo

And if you belive what they say about essex girls

it is the route to the ultimate ride


Tour de France

Post 8

guina

haha hopefully there are no essex girls in this thread, otherwise u guna get served my friend smiley - biggrin


Tour de France

Post 9

Lucky Llareggub - no more cannibals in our village, we ate the last one yesterday..

Cadel Evans had a good ride yesterday. Not 'ultimate' but good enough to keep him in touching distance of the yellow jumper and for the time trial coming up after the big hills.


Tour de France

Post 10

the_jon_m - bluesman of the parish

Last year Kloden caught and passed Evans for 3 minutes. While Kloden might not be in that form this year, it is something that Evans shoudl be weary off.

Also he would have lost more time if he hadn't found Kloden to limpit onto


Tour de France

Post 11

Lucky Llareggub - no more cannibals in our village, we ate the last one yesterday..

Cadel's exactly 4:00 mins off the yellow jersey at the moment. He had a decent ride again today although he lost a little bit of time. His consistency in the Pyrenees should pay off. He could finish 3rd in Paris.


Tour de France

Post 12

Lucky Llareggub - no more cannibals in our village, we ate the last one yesterday..

Cadel Evans is in with a real shout now they've turfed out that Danish rider who thought the Dolomites were in Mexico.


Tour de France

Post 13

the_jon_m - bluesman of the parish

I'm pretty much not going to try and do a set of TDF entries for this year. Every time I turn around they seem to throw somebody else out.

Still, we may get a clean winner for once.

Perhaps next year Kloden can get a team that will work for him, that would be interesting


Tour de France

Post 14

Lucky Llareggub - no more cannibals in our village, we ate the last one yesterday..

Well, Cadel Evans (2nd by 23 seconds) seems to be the moral victor. The Spaniard is under a cloud.


Tour de France

Post 15

the_jon_m - bluesman of the parish

as far as I can tell, the connections between contador and the spanish blood doping oporations was that somebody mentioned that AC did well in a race.

Admittedly, Discovery Team are hardly the cleanest team. After last year, when Basso was under a huge amount of suspision, he leaves his team and discovery sign him, and he admitts doping.


Not suprised at all about Mayo. Ever since 2002 when he was actually good, it has been a long running joke how he carries the hopes of the Basques all the way until the first mountain, when he fails to climb it. First year he was almost back to form, and EPO.

Though getting caught for EPO 2 days from the end is a joke, can't see what he was expecting to be able to achieve with it. EPO needs time to work, surely? He had enough high placed finishes to have been tested earlier in the race, so why wasn't anything picked up then?


Tour de France

Post 16

Lucky Llareggub - no more cannibals in our village, we ate the last one yesterday..

And Vinokurov? He must be bonkers. Why 'dope' when you've already got the sympathy card with all your bandages and you're the national hero and you're so far behind on time that you've nothing to gain by doing it?
At least Landis did it in 2006 for a reason - to try to win the Tour.


Tour de France

Post 17

guina

but think about it, with those injuries im not suprised he needed "help" to carry on the tour!


Tour de France

Post 18

Lucky Llareggub - no more cannibals in our village, we ate the last one yesterday..

that's his excuse is it?


Tour de France

Post 19

guina

nah i dunno for sure

thats what i would of said if i was in his position.

doesnt actually mean he'd get away with it lol


Tour de France

Post 20

Lucky Llareggub - no more cannibals in our village, we ate the last one yesterday..

Anyway the Spanish Tour starts next week . we'll see what that brings.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more