A Conversation for Homosexuality

I'd like to see this in the edited guide...

Post 1

rexobxulf

It's very interesting reading and it's place in the edited guide is eagerly anticipated. I think it needs a bit of tweaking though. 'Homosexual people' and 'bisexual people' changed to 'homosexuals' and 'bisexuals' for example. "Homosexual people sometimes have a moment of revelation..." going on to detail a crush or sexual attraction also sounds a bit of a 'first person' experience. After all, generally speaking, such urges often occur for years while a homosexual is in denial; the 'revelation' actually supressed. Not to all, but to a great number if personal experience is anything to go by.

Oh anyway. I feel rude now. I hope I didn't speak out of turn and I *did* enjoy reading that. The edited guide is lacking detail of one of the most important facts of life without this entry! smiley - smiley


I'd like to see this in the edited guide...

Post 2

Fragilis - h2g2 Cured My Tabular Obsession

I use "people" to differentiate from homosexual animals, for instance. And yes, there are such things. It would require yet another guide entry to explain the complexities of that whole situation.

Also, there are a few queer folks who actually don't like being called 'a homosexual' all the time. This is the same way some black people don't like being called 'blacks'. Perhaps I'm being oversensitive! But I'd rather that than the other way around.

And yes, you're right that repression is going on. But does it really matter whether we take the personal narrative tone or the distanced narrative tone? Again, I'll tend to opt for the one that is the most sensitive to the issues. And hey, I'd rather inspire compassion than scientific distance in straights, relief rather than concern for gays.


I'd like to see this in the edited guide...

Post 3

Fragilis - h2g2 Cured My Tabular Obsession

Oh! And as for getting this into the guide, I've been trying for well over a year now. By all accounts, the entries are ready for publication. But they never seem to get formally published. You'll have to contact the site's editors to inquire what the problem is.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more