A Conversation for The Influence of Fly Agaric on the Iconography of Father Christmas

Poison, Poison!!, did you say POISON!!!!

Post 1

Rumbleghost

Great article. Did you intentionally downplay the poison-istical effects of the 'shroom? They can't be that bad if you can wolf down three of them and supposedly get up in the morning to dance rain out of the sky. From your account it sounds like they might be a less neurologically harmful form of entertainment than, say, watching Pee-Wee Herman movies, or listening to Bjork.


Poison, Poison!!, did you say POISON!!!!

Post 2

BigAl Patron Saint of Left Handers Keeper of the Glowing Pickle and Monobrows

Well, I wouldn't like to he held responsible for people experimenting with 'shrooms - one has to know exactly what one's doing. But cultures like the Sami and Siberian shamans have generations of experience to know exactly what they're doing.

Glad you liked the Entry. I've had more comments on this one than any of my others, I think. It's nice to know that people actually read them!

Merry Christmas smiley - bubblysmiley - cakesmiley - hollysmiley - santasmiley - snowball

smiley - smiley


did you say listening to Bjork!!!!

Post 3

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

smiley - headhurts

smiley - runsmiley - runsmiley - run


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more