A Conversation for Cow and Chicken, and I Am Weasel - two animated cartoon series

Justice Friends

Post 1

Mat Lindsay (the researcher formerly known as Nylarthotep...now he has a name, all he needs is a face)

There were many other great cartoons that emerged from the "What a cartoon" stable and the "Cartoon Cartoons" series on the Cartoon Network. Remember Dexter's Laboratory, Johnny Bravo, The Powerpuff Girls and Dial M for Monkey. Some little gems like Courage the Cowardly Dog seem to have fallen by the wayside as did my own favourite, Justice Friends.

A work of crosover genius, Justice Friends took three superhero stereotypes and dropped them into the terrifying scenario of co-habiting in an apartment together. The Incredible Krunk was your average mountain of muscle with purple skin, ripped green trousers and no percievable intelligence of any kind. Van Halen, the Norse god of heavy metal, flew into battle on a flying V guitar that actually flew and used the word "dude" a lot. The group was led (in the vaguest sense of the term) by Major Glory (or "Flag Guy" as Krunk called him) who attempted to instill a patriotic sense of heroism in his rather ineffectual brethen.

They battled evil such as the terrible Komrade Kremlin and other challenges such as cleaning their apartment.

Shame they never made a couple of series out of that one...


Justice Friends

Post 2

There is only one thing worse than being Gosho, and that is not being Gosho

I don't think I've ever seen that one, although Courage is still being shown, and with new episodes from time to time smiley - smiley


Justice Friends

Post 3

Sea Change

There are about 6 Justice Friends and 3 M for Monkey episodes in the middle of some Dexter's Laboratory 1/2 hours.


Justice Friends

Post 4

Bebel Matman Owlatron's Thundercat Tshirt Dude

Jonny Bravo is the smiley - cool est. What a guy.


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Cow and Chicken, and I Am Weasel - two animated cartoon series

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more