Become a fan of h2g2
This wonderful little chocolate cake recipe is perfect for almost any occasion and with just a hint of fruit you can probably get away with telling yourself that these cupcakes are healthy1 too!
What you will need
- 100g/4oz/¾ cup self-raising flour
- 100g/4oz/½ cup light brown sugar
- 100g/4oz/small ½ cup butter
- 2 eggs
- Approximately 100g/4oz/half cup of roughly chopped cherries. Glacé or tinned are fine.
- A good tablespoon of cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/gas 4
- Line a cupcake tin with paper cake cases. The mix will make 12 - 24 depending on size of cupcake
- Cream together sugar and butter till fluffy
- Gradually add in the eggs and beat the mixture until it is even
- Fold in the flour, cocoa powder and cherries
- Once all of the ingredients are evenly incorporated into the mix, half fill each cupcake liner then place the tin in the oven for between 20 to 30 minutes
The cakes will be finished when they can be pricked with a toothpick which should come out cleanly.
A wonderful recipe to make with children or as a gift for a friend.
Serve the chocolate cupcakes plain, or add some whipped dairy cream.