Tattoos Content from the guide to life, the universe and everything

Tattoos

14 Conversations

A needle drawing a tatoo on someone's shoulder

A great and marvellous invention, whose roots are steeped in history, usually as a form of tribal rites of passage. The Maoris, for example, rate a person's manhood by the size of tattoo he can endure in one sitting.

But this is no longer the case, and tattoos are becoming more and more popular as a form of body art and self expression. There are those out there who don't appreciate the intimacy and personal meaning behind a tattoo. These are the ones who go out on a saturday and get an off-the-shelf tattoo of their local football team, only to regret it a year later when they don't like said team anymore.

Anyone thinking of getting a tattoo beware, if you get one you may become hopelessly hooked and get more and more. But remember that a tattoo should be something that you really want, not just something that you like the look of, and thus you are often best off designing it yourself.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Edited Entry

A146530

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry

Categorised In:


Written by

References

h2g2 Entries

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more