Whoop-Whoop Content from the guide to life, the universe and everything

Whoop-Whoop

3 Conversations

Whoop-Whoop is a small insignificant town in the bush of Australia. It is often used in the Australian Slang expression 'way out in Whoop-Whoop,' which is equivalent to the other Australian phrase 'beyond the black stump,' both of which mean 'way out in the middle of nowhere.' Coincidentally, the middle of nowhere is exactly where Whoop-Whoop is.

The town of Whoop-Whoop has exactly one post office, one church, one pub, and about ten point five houses1 and a total population of 46, which mainly consists of elderly senior citizens and farmers. They used to have a school, but it closed down because the school wasn't being used enough, so the one remaining student has to shuttle into the next town, Jameison (which has a total population of 93), to be educated.

1The point five of the ten point five houses being a hut with only three walls and a fireplace as the fourth wall burnt down during the fires of '89 and the owner, one Mrs J Egarbury, never had the presence of mind to fix it.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Edited Entry

A180082

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry

Categorised In:


Written by

References

h2g2 Entries

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more