Marker Fighting Content from the guide to life, the universe and everything

Marker Fighting

4 Conversations

A simple game that can lead to prolonged and running battles in school halls and the halls of business and industry.

The method is simple. Using stealth, skill, and speed, apply the felt end of a marker, preferably with permanent ink, onto your opponent's skin. The object is also simple: cover your opponent with enough marker marks to make them look like an idiot. The person who walks away with the fewest marks wins.

Usually, the enjoyment, and therefore the mess, involved in a good marker fight is directly proportional to the number of people and/or markers included. Of course, all combatants must not be afraid to be marked upon. A hearty marker fight can quickly lose its fun if one of the belligerents starts complaining about how many marks he is getting. Tell him to quit moaning and get revenge. That's just part of the game.

Tips to Help you Survive Your First Marker Fight

  • As stated before, don't be afraid to get marked. If you're really going at it, you'll very likely be getting as many marks as you give.

  • If you're co-ordinated enough, using one marker in each hand can be very effective. One method is to make a feint with your primary hand, then attack with the other when the opponent takes the bait.

  • Try to mark only on your opponent's forearms and hands. Marking clothing is bad. Unless, of course, it has been previously agreed that clothing is fair game. Marking faces is really bad, especially if both sides are using permanent ink. Once someone starts attacking clothes or faces, things can get ugly really. Fast.

  • While they don't leave marks as large as slashes do, jabs are faster and therefore give your opponent less time to retaliate.

  • It's a good idea to set whatever ground rules you think are appropriate at the beginning of a battle.

  • Always remember: the bigger the markers, the bigger the marks.

You will quickly learn any other important items as you begin to marker fight.

One of the best ways to initiate a marker fight is simply to pick a target and attack. Planned battles are for pansies. Of course, it is always a good idea to choose such targets wisely. It is not a good idea to attack one's employer. Trust us.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Edited Entry

A203699

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry

Categorised In:


Written by

Edited by

h2g2 Editors

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more