Nine Ladies Dancing

2 Conversations

Welcome to h2g2's attempt to decipher the mystery that is the song 'The 12 Days of Christmas'. You've come to the page that is concentrating on the line Nine Ladies Dancing, and here's what our Researchers came up with when we asked them what on earth this line meant.

  • Handbags - a dancing girl's best friend. Concerned that you're not a funky groover? Worried that you won't catch the eye of that sexy new post-room boy at the office Christmas party? Hey, no problem: stick your handbag down and get boogying round it. It must work: after all everyone else does it, and it's got to be better than photocopying your bottoms.

  • At London's Savoy Hotel there's a delightful afternoon dance where they lay on cucumber sandwiches and old ladies go along and dance with each other (though not with old men, interestingly). Anyone who's more used to partying until dawn and banging their head to a 160 beats-per-minute 4/4 beat should proably not attend - and that includes anyone who dances round a handbag. This is a classy event, you know.

  • Ever seen the Chippendales? Well you know exactly that this line's about, then. Enough said.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A212329

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Edited by

h2g2 Editors

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more