Magicians Guild : Rules and Regs

1 Conversation

Back to the Main Page

Rules / Regs:

This quest will need rules and regs, of course it won't be as strict as somethings but without order there is chaos and people get bored. These rules should be followed to keep the Magicians Guild moving and active, as well as fun for all those who wish to participate.

Continuity: We need continuity. You can't just be at one outpost then turn around and suddenly be on another. That's just stupid. As funny as this should be, we don't want you doing things that you can't do like flying. It's okay if you're using a creature with flight capibilites...people just don't get the power to do complete and amazing things that defy physics.

Another source to figure out what Continuity means you can find it here

Knowing more than you should:There are some who do not not seem to know what continuity means. Your character has to know of another person's existance before you can run off with them... Meaning you can not, for 'example' suddenly be from halfway across the country and take away joinees when:
you were speaking out of character in the join up thread and inform characters that there's an alternative when they clearly could not know of your existence with your suddenly having an impulse1 to just happen to be in a place to pick other characters up whom through narrative have never seen or heard from you and have impulses to be where you are at the exact moment.

Free Will: You CANNOT control the actions of another human player ie. The character you join with. These people have free will, just like you. they need to be able to have choices. You cannot, for example, say:
*Casted a huge fire spell and torched [person] the person*
You can however do actions that leave another player open to reaction:
*A magic sheild is resurrected and blocks the [persons] fireball*
This way your opponent has the ability to either fall, or backflip, or dodge etc.

Role-play: Don't expect to always win. This place is based on imagination and storytelling within an already established universe not a place for fight after fight.

Patience: If you're getting bored don't just rush off somewhere. It'll just make things slower. Can't be on 100% of the time. More of a suggestion really.

God Modding: A Magician does not mean you have the power of a god. If your backed into a corner, and a about 100 Dark Alliance soldiers are right near you...does not mean you can cast 1 spell and kill them all...Although you may be able to escape, but not without a scratch at least. You can't just keep pulling things out of a hat as well. Example: *A dark alliance soldier attacks you forcing you back into a wall, you pull a pair of boots that grant you flight...and fly away.* This is pulling something out of a hat to get your way...this is not allowed.

NPC (Non Player Characters) Control - NPCs, are characters that affect the story line. Only the players on the high council and the high lord can control the characters. Of course you may control your own pets, familiars, and of course your transportation animal. But all the Dark Alliance is controled by the HC or HL. And the leader of the Dark Alliance is of course controlled by Craxus.

No Excessive Ranting: Noone likes it...so don't try to do it. I know if someone doesnt obey the rules you should point it out. Don't go into this whole 50 posts of just screaming at each other...nobody likes it, and it slows down the stories. So try not to do it please.

Try not to be so fast: I know this is all new, but try not to be so fast when doing stuff. Like especially with the mystical creatures once you can use them. It takes time to do the things. Especially when its a rare race your trying to get. Quests and Adventures are what makes the RPG so fun. So please take your time and play fun.

Key:

****: Use these (* asterisks) for actions eg. *dodged falling rock*

Out of Character: Use triangle brackets (more than, less than signs)if you want to speak to someone out of character. It's just convienient.

~~~: At apprentice level, Magicians can communicate via mind. As they go up in the ranks, the length and distance of the communication gets bigger. Example: ~~~High Lord, I require your assistance.~~~

[Animal Talk]: If you can understand the animals talking....this is what it will sound like. Ex= Bird:[It's such a glourious day today]

*SUB NOTE!* Thank you to HPB who inspiried me with his Jedi Academy adventure, and his pages that he created that i use as a basis for the rest of my pages.

1Saying it was the some mystical thing just won't stand

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Title
Latest Post

Entry

A2511857

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


References

h2g2 Entries

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more