My INFP Profile

0 Conversations

INFP - Introverted iNtuitive Feeling Perceiving

INFP types, are passionately concerned with their personal growth and development. Idealists personal goal if life is to discover who they are and how they can become their best possible self. Their quest in life is for self-knowledge and self-improvement which drives their imagination. They want to help others make their own personal journey. INFP types are naturally drawn to working with people, either in education, counseling, social services, personnel work, journalism or the ministry, they are gifted at helping others to grow as individuals and to fulfill their potentials.

INFP types dislike conflict and confrontation and go to great lengths to avoid it. Idealists goal if life is to create harmony and to help people get along with each other and work together for the good of all. INFP types are incurable romantics who prefer to focus on what might be, rather than what is. They believe that life is filled with possibilities waiting to be found. Life to INFP types is rich with meanings waiting to be discovered and undestood. The idea of a mystical or spiritual dimension to life, the "invisible" or the "future" that can only be known through intuition or through a leap of faith, that is far more important to Idealists than the world of material things.

INFP Types are flexible and laid-back until one of their values is violated. They must be true to themselves and to others, Idealists are the very soul of kindness. Particularly in their personal relationships, Idealists are without question filled with love for others and good will. They believe in giving of themselves to help others and their goal is to strive for a special rapport with their loved ones and in they search to find a "soulmate, in which they will marry" someone with whom they can bond both emotionally and spiritually, sharing their deepest feelings and their lives with.

Idealists are rare, making up between 20 and 25 percent of the population. But their ability to inspire people with their enthusiasm and their idealism has given them influence far beyond their numbers.

INFPs feel the internal turmoil when they find themselves in situations in which there is conflict between their inner code of ethics and their relationships with others. They feel that are caught between pleasing others and maintaining their own integrity. Their natural tendency to identify with others, is compounded with their self-sacrificial dispositions and tendacy to leave them perplexed as to who they really are. Their quiet personalities further feeds their feelings of alienisation. The INFP's quest for self-identity then seems even more illusive.

INFP will feel confused and perplexed at stressful times. As the stress builds, INFPs become disconnected from their own personality and their role in life. They will lose sight of who they really are in life. This can sometimes baffle those who expect more open communication and a fairly stable relationship.

INFPs are withdrawn and are sometimes hard to get to know. Others may view them as shy. But those who take the time to get to know them will find them warm and gentle, with a surprising sense of humour. They care deeply for those they consider special friends. They often have a subtle, tragic theme running through their lives, the inner pain and unease which others rarely detect.

INFPs are creative and are constantly seeking out new possibilities. They have a gift with language and usually will express this by means of writing. Their intuitive preference supplies the imagination and their feeling preference giving them the need to communicate. They are gifted at interpreting symbols - being drawn to metaphors and similes. To be the most productive they need a sense of purpose behind their job. They often have to look at the large picture in order to see how specific programs fit in. They are adaptable to changes and to new ideas. They work well with others being conscience of what other people are feeling and relating to others, though not always verbally.

INFPs value their privacy and may keep a lot to themselves. They need time and space for reflection. Others usually get along well with them, although they may not know them very well. INFPs may not always be organised. They may tend to lose things or to forget appointments. Only when they see the importance of organisation in a job will they be able to strive to work at it in an organized way to get it done. They can be extremely patient with complex issues, but may become impatient with routine and details.

INFPs view leisure activity as very important. They may however have a difficulty separating it from their work. If they have a special skill that they use at work, they may use this skill in their leisure time to help their friends, family or those in need. When they are interested in pursuing a new leisure activity, they may spend a great deal of time researching this activity. Many INFPs enjoy activities such as reading, listening to music, or gardening. This gives them the opportunity for reflection and meditation. They may also enjoy social activities with whom they feel close to. When they want to be social they can be outgoing, charming and quiet funny, making them a pleasure to have around.

INFPs present a calm and pleasant face to the world around them. due to their reserved nature, they may be over looked. But to those that know them they have a view into their warmth and concern and their deep commitments to their values.


My Palmistry Reading Profile
The Real Leo Club
My Astro Profile
My Astro Profile - Part 2
My Blue Personality Type

Stephensmiley - love and The Thinkersmiley - loveH2G2 Romamce


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A28210781

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more