Classic Quotes Section

0 Conversations

Under New Mangement!

Or more precisely, just moved. This section was cluttering up my main page too much


Best Quote Ever

"When your opponent is holding all the aces the only thing to do is kick over the table!"- Little John (Dean Martin in Robin and the 7 Hoods)


Quotes to Live By


(and some just to have fun with)
"If A equals success, then the formula is A = X + Y + Z, with X
being work, Y play, and Z keeping your mouth shut,"
- Albert
Einstein


Conversation between Jack Wade CIA and James Bond MI6:

"Now let me get this straight Jimmie- you shot him in the leg, you stole his car, you took his girl, and now you want Valentine Silkosfky to set you up with Yennis?"

"Yes"

"Well what are you going to do, appeal to his heart?"

"No, his wallet"

"Well that might work"


"The fact that football fans have coarse characters and frayed moral fibers cannot be a matter of mere chance. The explanation has something to do with the fact that football combines two of the worst features of American life: Violence punctuated by committee meetings (huddles)."-- George F. Will, "Bunts"


"The situation where we are now, there are two things: either death or victory. To those who are fighting and bombarding us, they should understand the Afghan man is a fighter willing to die for jihad."
-Taliban Supereme Leader, Mullah Mohammed Omar


"I want you to remember that no b*****d ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb b*****d die for his country..."
-General George S. Patton

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it."- W. M. Lewis



Losers always wine about their best, winners go home and f**k the prom queen.- Sean Connery; The Rock



"Love isn't about being cool"-a friend


"When you men get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a pussy."
~ Gerenal Tommy Franks


In war there is no prize for the runner-up.
~ General Omar Bradley




Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A2877393

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more