Alcohol (Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster)

3 Conversations

Alcohol, according to the Encyclopaedia Galactica: "Alcohol is a volatile liquid formed by the fermentation of sugars. It has a very intoxicating, almost mind-numbing, effect on most carbon based species." Alcohol is one of the most popular solutions ever invented. The best drink in existence is the Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster. The effect of drinking a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster is like having your brains smashed out by a slice of lemon wrapped round a large gold brick. The Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster is most commonly found on Krakstafoon, Demetrios, and is sold frequently at Milliways, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe. They usually cost about- well, more than you can probably afford. However, if you do not wish to spend a really heck of a lot of money on one, why not mix it yourself? It goes like this: Take the juice from one bottle of that Ol' Janx Spirit. Pour into it one measure of water from the seas of Santraginus V (Oh that Santraginean sea water. Oh those Santraginean fish!!!). Allow three cubes of Arcturan Mega-gin to melt into the mixture (it must be properly iced or the benzine is lost.). Allow four litres of Fallian marsh gas to bubble through it, in memory of all those happy Hikers who have died of pleasure in the Marshes of Fallia. Over the back of a silver spoon float a measure of Qualactin Hypermint extract, redolent of all the heady odours of the dark Qualactin Zones, subtle sweet and mystic. Drop in the tooth of an Algolian Suntiger. Watch it dissolve, spreading the fires of the Algolian Suns deep into the heart of the drink. Sprinkle Zamphuor.
Add an olive. Drink...but very carefully... If you drink this, you may be prone to brain freeze, talking gibberish or death-either of which are done in a very happy party mood.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A305506

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more