JTG'S Best Jokes... Or so he thinks.

1 Conversation

Did I mention that I was born without a sense of humour? Don't feel sorry for me though. I get by quite well with a prosthesis made of feathers.

Be that as it may or may not, here are some jokes that I can't remember hearing anywhere else and so claim as my own:

smiley - laugh Sex, they say, is not a spectator sport. Well, whose fault is that? It's just too hard to get good seats.

smiley - laugh I was feeling a bit glum, so I put some new batteries in my prosthetic sense of humour. Now I can't stop giggling.

smiley - laugh The art of fatherhood: Dada

smiley - laugh I only built the bird house for a lark.

smiley - laugh Don't believe the adverts. They don't really make toilet paper, even the expensive kind, out of fluffy white kittens or swans. Cats are often quite scratchy - not a good quality in toilet paper - and swans are anything but absorbent - they wouldn't bob about on ponds if they were.

smiley - laugh I've just been looking at my bank statement and something strikes me as being wrong. There is a long list of numbers under the debit column (some of them very big numbers) and hardly anything at all under the credit column. Plainly, I'm just not getting enough credit.

smiley - laugh The worst thing about blackouts is that they leave you feeling so powerless.

smiley - laugh "You can't make a silk purse from a sow's ear", they say. Well, proper daft that poor sow would look with two purses 'angin' from 'er poor 'ead, I say.

smiley - laugh I tried out the 'Random' function on my new CD player today. It played every track on the CD in order. Imagine the odds against that happening! Staggering!

smiley - laugh I wonder how many people actually apply Head and Shoulders dandruff shampoo to their shoulders...

smiley - laugh Beware the Ides of March! And render unto Caesar that which is romaine lettuce, anchovy paste, croutons, romano cheese...

smiley - laugh I went into a restaurant this morning with a sign on the door advertising 'All Day Breakfast'. I was done in about twenty minutes.

smiley - laugh Would fission ships smell like old fat?

smiley - laugh I can't help thinking that it would be an awful shame if the first man to reach the summit of Mount Everest in a clown costume isn't named Edmund Hilarity.

smiley - laugh Could it possibly be true that there is a British army training film about foot care called Pus in Boots?

smiley - laugh Everyone knows the girl next door; but who actually lives next door to her?

smiley - laugh If someone is accused of pessimism and they respond with something like, 'Oh yeah, wait and see!', are they being pessimistic or not?

smiley - laugh A Zen question: 'What's all zis zen?'

smiley - laugh Advice for Roman Shoppers: M is not 20 times larger than L, XL is not slightly smaller than L and XXX is definitely not for children.

smiley - laughI used to have a winsome smile. Nowadays, it's winsome or lose-some, depending on whether or not I'm wearing my dentures.

smiley - laugh Clown ointment: Not to be taken seriously

If you've read any of these jokes somewhere else, it's not plagiarism; it's convergent evolution.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A3110905

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more