Did I Leave The Iron On?

1 Conversation

Did I Leave The Iron On? by Greebo T Cat

Several A/K/A Random's 'sporting blues'

Hi. This is the AmSports part of The Post, where I've been allowed to write a little about stuff and I appreciate your indulgences. I am shocked, dismayed and otherwise totally negative on the subject at the present time, however. In baseball, it's all about the agents getting the most money they can for their pet players. Since I am one who pays their bills, I object to this practice.

In pro football, one of the good stories would be Ben Roethlisberger of the Pittsburgh Steelers (altho I call 'em the Squealers, but I can't let my bias show... too much, anyway.) The kid is a quarterback, just out of college, and keeps winning football games. I think that's pretty impressive.

There is no pro hockey this season since the owners and the players (and their agents) are arguing about (what else?) how to divvy up the loot. Ugh.

In pro basketball, we have a player suspended for the season because he attacked a fan (who may have thrown a cup of beer at the player) during a ballgame. This is shameful, on several ends that I do not feel the need to elaborate on.

I AM greatly glad Shazz, the fine editor hereabouts, has been able to get back online and will be giving thanks for several and random things this week as I pour more gravy over the turkey, smashed potatoes and whatever the veggie du jour I come up with THIS time is.

So this is about it, from the north coast of Ohio, from the nation that re-elected George Dubya, so I have absolutely no credibility whatsoever and will proceed to play Ray Charles or Louis Jordan music and try to hide...

... but not without wishing everyone a happy bird-day.

This is Several, a/k/a Random, over and out.

Did I Leave The Iron On? Archive

Master B

with Several a.k.a. Random 
smiley - vampiresmiley - musicalnote

25.11.04 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A3325736

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more