The Café Nervosa

6 Conversations

Hi there, café latte anyone, or just some pleasant chat, come and have a seat at the Café Nervosa.

The Menu

Have a look at the menue, make you selection, make your way to one of the tables and order. I'll bring your drinks over staight away.
All drinks are available in Tall, Large and Grande.


Remember were allways open and allways lisening.

DrinkWhat's in it?
EspressoThis is a strong flaversome black coffee, brewed quickly and precisly. Though small this will satisfy. Available as a double.
LatteThis is an espresso with added the same amount of steamed milk and some foamy milk on top. and a dash of cinamon
MocaAgain espresso is the dase but with the same amount of chocolate and some milk. It sounds slightly odd but shure is a great drink.
CappachinoA horrible spelling accompanies this version of espresso with throfy milk on top. This is a strong cup and is only small.
Nick's SpecialA very weak coffee with plenty of milk. A simple mild coffee bean filtered gently with little fuss. This won't keep you awake all night but still has a delecate coffee taste.
House SpecialA double espresso, half fat milk, a dash of cinamon and a small light biscuit on the side. For those on the go.
The World of CoffeeA taste trip around th globe, with coffee beans from each continent ground corsly and filtered. Each unique flavour is brought out to it's fullest. An 'up all nighter'.
The Natural CupThis is a simple cup of coffee brewed from a Carribean bean, breweing involves the ground beans and water put straight in the cup. The flavour changes gradually through the cup. Watch out for the end!




Of course the Café Nervosa is from Frasier, set in Seattle, the fabulous American sitcom sprung right form Cheers, the other American sitcom staring Kelsey Grammer. Frasier is screened (in England) every Friday at 10:00 on channel 4, THOUGH THE CURRENT SEASON 7 HAS JUST ENDED, if you missed it (d’oh) tell us below and we’ll fill you in. While in America it is every Thursday at 9 on NBC.

In nearly every episode some of the cast are in there, ordering café lattes or double espressos, discussing their lives or hiding from various partners. One whole episode was set in the Café with no other sets, it was brilliant which just goes to show what a fantastic script and cast they have.

The cast in order of typing:

Kelsey Grammer – Frasier Crane


The star of the show, Frasier is classed as snobbish, arrogant and pretentious but his heart is in the right place as he helps his friends out of their rather sticky situations. Frasier is the star of KACL’s talk show ‘The Frasier Crane Show’ where he gives his advice, as a psychiatrist, on the problems of his listeners.

David Hyde Pierce- Niles Crane


Frasier’s younger brother, Niles is also a psychiatrist and is jealous of Frasier’s fame from his radio show (though hides it as a disgust of ‘popularising psychiatry’). Niles is prissy and obsessive, like always dusting a seat before sitting, and is married to Maris. We never see Maris but gradually build up a picture of her from their comments, such as the way things turn to ice as she moves into a room! Niles also fancies Daphne, though unknown to her but known to almost everyone else!

John Mahoney – Martin Crane


Father of Frasier and Niles though completely different in personality, he is a retired cop (after receiving a shot during a steak out) and moved in to live with Frasier in the Elliot Bay Towers as an act of a good son. Martin likes beer, poker, sport and TV, lots of TV. This opposition of tastes of course courses friction between them and is something Frasier often tries to heal.

Jane Leeves – Daphne Moon


The live-in home therapist of Martin, Daphne is from Manchester with a rather complex family back home, single sister of 9 brothers and a mother with mysterious mood swings. Daphne quickly becomes one of the only things holding the Crane household together (becoming painfully clear in season 7) doing cooking, cleaning, calming, and ‘Oh get the door would you Daphne?’ Niles is in love with Daphne and has been since he first lay eyes on her, and it is only in the last season that she find’s out.

Peri Gilpin – Roz Doyle


The series producer for Frasier’s show, Roz is always on the lookout for men, and aroung series 6 has a baby girl. Something weird always seems to exist between Niles and Roz, Niles never seems to remember who she is. Roz seems to be normal and sane, though she works with Fraser every day so who can tell?

Moose – Eddie


Eddie is Martins dog and lives in Frasier’s apartment, much to the dislike of Frasier and many long staring matches take place between the two. He is brilliant, always adding comedy to a moment or breaking the tension and always knows when to eat Daphne’s horrors of the kitchen!


Anyway, on to business, you are welcome to come in, hang your coats on the hanger by the door, take a seat and order from the menu. There’s the lovely 'window seat' near the entrance, or the 'round table in the centre'. Then there’s the 'table by the counter' or up on the 'platform at the back'. You’re all welcome to take a seat and discuss whatever you like over a cup of coffee.

Links

Frasier on NBCFrasier on Paramount site There is an interview with Daphne and Niles there.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A334595

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

References

h2g2 Entries

External Links

Not Panicking Ltd is not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more