Next Einstein

8 Conversations

Welcome to Next Einstein

Encouraging kids to explore science

Star gazing

It is a possibility that any child we interact with, parent, meet in the street, could be the next Einstein, Curie, Darwin, etc.

Children are naturally inquisitive and find things out for themselves but is it not part of our job as adults to encourage their sense of wonder, help them discover science and answer their questions as best we know how? Also to open their minds to new things such that they can explore further.

This is a forum where adults (us) can discuss ways of introducing or explaining science to children whether we are parents, carers, teachers, or people who naturally engage kids and want to encourage them to explore how the world works.

Suggestions:

  • Discuss your experiences of what has worked for you.
  • Describe a problem that your daughter has asked you but couldn’t find the words to explain.
  • Share ideas for little experiments we could do at home.
  • How would you explain to a 5 year old what gravity is or why the clouds are different shapes?
  • To ask a question, start a new conversation at the bottom of this page and prefix the conversation title with NE. This way it is much easier to see which thread belongs to the Next Einstein forum in people's Personal Space. Eg' "NE:How could I explain the shape of different clouds to my 8 year old?

Who knows? We may well be talking to the Next Einstein.

Click on this link to view go to the Science Explained forum Science Explained

Next
Einstein

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A4136870

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more