The Castle Bar, Fraserburgh, Aberdeenshire, Scotland Content from the guide to life, the universe and everything

The Castle Bar, Fraserburgh, Aberdeenshire, Scotland

2 Conversations

Should you find yourself in sunny Fraserburgh, and have already been to the Lighthouse Museum so many times you've lost count, then pop along to the Castle Bar, otherwise known as 'The Brewery' on North Street.

A family-run establishment, it seems as if fun and topical sing-songs are engraved in the 'traditional' Formica decor. Competitive prices and a back to basics approach have given the pub a sub-cool status. The regulars, revelling in their rejection of sheep-like conformity, have chosen a more cerebral appreciation of the finer things in life like pub philosophy, drinking-buddy camaraderie and borderline alcoholism.

Take the opportunity also to chat with old JC, very much a pub fixture, offering wisdom and wit or a shoulder to cry on whilst only tapping a minimal fee. He embodies the 'spirit' of this Bacchantic Mecca.

Jesting aside, this is one of the most friendly and un-pretentious places you might find to drink. It's not the bricks and mortar that count, it's the lives of the people. This place is full of life.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Edited Entry

A430219

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry

Categorised In:


Written by

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more