The h2g2 Post 01.03.10

1 Conversation



Posted: 01st March 2010


 

 

Mixed Bag

The last week was interesting in various aspects: I have to have yet another expensive dental treatment. I organised a – small – surprise birthday party for my husband on Saturday, and had a lot of help from my youngest son who did the shopping, carried it all upstairs, helped with the tidying and cleaning and even with the cooking. I think that was the first party ever where I didn't have to do everything all on my own. Meanwhile, after five months of conscription (with only another four months left), my eldest son has decided he doesn't want to do his conscription after all and has claimed conscientious objection. With no chance of finding a place in community service right now, no job and no income, this is going to be interesting if the army accepts his claim.

On to matters Post and community related:
The sad news: Malabarista has left the team. She starts a placement in an allegedly haunted house in Northern Ireland. We wish her all the best with that and her plans for the future.

The bad news: Various Twitter accounts were hacked last week. So far, the Post Twitter Account seems to be safe, but that so many accounts were hacked is a little worrying, to say the least. Then there are the rumours about the BBC going to close half of its websites, a few radio stations and get rid of magazines and staff in the process. For all I know, the BBC hasn't yet commented so I am not going to panic until somebody official tells me so.

The good news: We have yet another columnist who earned their badge: congratulations, Emma! Last week, we published an article I had chosen from a former column from the archives. I am delighted to say that Demon Drawer, the original author, has expressed his interest in resurrecting it, time allowing, and you'll find the comeback article below.

As usual, we have a variety of interesting articles to offer, so please enjoy your current issue of the Post.


B'Elana


 

 
PER PEDES, BICYCLE, 'MULTICYCLE'

 

 

 

 
INTERPRETATIONS

 

 

 

 

A LOOK INTO THE DISTANT PAST AND SPACE


 

 

JUDGING BY IMPRESSIONS


 

 

Relationships


 

 
COMMUNITY

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION

 

 


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A61427108

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more