AGG/GAG - 6

0 Conversations

Open your mind and say, 'AWW'!


We are AGG/GAG, the Alternative Guide to the Galaxy / Galactic Anomalies Group. We are a development of the Alternative Writing Workshop.
Our mission is to explore the lost and dusty corners of the Unedited Guide looking for articles and entries which we find amusing or entertaining or informative, but which you might not otherwise discover because they fail to meet the rigid standards of the Guidelines for Edited Guide Entries.
Many are from the Alternative Writing Workshop or the Flea Market where Entries go to die. Others we just find laying around in abandoned 'Personal Spaces' and dormant conversation threads. You probably have come across similar pieces while clicking round the site.If you know of any we should feature here, please contact us .


This week we offer two short first-person experiences of the sporting kind and one wonderful piece of fiction by Positive Feedback. This delightfully mad short story is part Poe and part Kafka and comes highly recommended as a great read.
So make yourself a cuppa, relax and enjoy!

'The Sins of the Father' by Positive Feedback

Make sure you're relaxed because the mood swings this story goes through will leave you twisting merrily. After the first paragraphs, you think Positive Feedback has been caressing you. Then you see the tool he has been using to caress you. Everyone at AGG/GAG loved this one and fought over who would write this intro. So, we all did. Take a few minutes to unravel this bloody, twisted knot of a story, and decide who is more sinful -- father or son.
As they say in Cockney rhyming slang 'Have a butchers!'
Recommended by everyone at AGG/GAG


'Wiping Out' by U172584

'If you're at the bottom and have no idea which way is up, grab your leash and start climbing.' Perhaps good advice at any time, in any situation, but here it is part of a 'radically narly' article.

Have you ever been 'rag-dolled'? No? Well, this anonymous researcher has left behind this classic example of hard-to-find expertise. This is the kind of information that should be readily available in the Guide. This time, in the somewhat esoteric area of surfing which is a global phenom, not just a California dream.

And be sure to check out the one reply at the bottom for more surfer jargon.


'Skating on the Rideau Canal' by scout

Here are some timely thoughts on canal skating. A very old tradition in Ottawa, Canada, and perhaps very similar to the canal skating of Hans Brinker's Silver Bladed Europe. 'scout' is probably still playing golf this year, as authorities are warning Canadians to stay off the ice, but this was written last winter, a much colder, more typical Canadian winter than 2002 so far.


We'll continue scouting the Guide for the good stuff and bring you more AGG/GAG approved entries in each issue of the h2g2POST.

Your submissions and recommendations are essential to our survival. If you know of an article that deserves more publicity but doesn't meet the Edited Guide Rules and Regs, please let us know. We don't endorse breaking the laws of plagiarism, defamation or obscenity, so really, the only criteria are Wit and Wisdom. Feel free to submit your own. Just post a link on our homepage: AGG/GAG
Another Guide to the Galaxy/ Galactic Anomaly Group

Archives

Original Homepage

Charter Members:

~jwf~ Philosopher King
tonsil revenge 2nd Assistant Dogsbody
=X Subcom Deidzoeb Bottom-Feeder, Weeble Scout, GuideML Helper
Spaceman Spiff Secretary General
Lucinda Crusty Archivist

Support Staff/Contributing Scouts

Bossel
Hobbes


10.01.02. Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A679179

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more