AGG/GAG - 13

0 Conversations

Open your mind and say,

"AWW"

Fiction - Weird Science - First/Personals - Satire - Kitchen Sinkronicities

Coming Next Week:

The all new and improved "Alternative Writing Guidelines" smiley - yikes


THIS WEEK:

A trio of First/Personals, Entries written in the First Person, revealing a personal quirk or expressing an opinion. All, by definition, considered 'unsuitable' for the official Edited Guide.
One's about sheep... and so are the other two really smiley - sheepexcept for the all the smiley - piratesmiley - pirate in one.

But first, an Agg/Gag exclusive, a handy guide to office politics, from 'Trebor's Rules of Order'.

"Holding A Meeting Without Anyone Being the Wiser" by tonsil revenge

Introduced by the autho(u)r
On a night so dank and dreary,

I had to answer a tiresome query:

To wit,

there came a knocking in my brain

quivering nastily, with the refrain:


Just the facts and then the door.


I opened a nearby flagon of lager,

shaking with rage at my visiting neighbor,

nit wit,

how dare you introduce to my day a refrain

that I cannot refrain from re-fraining all day


Just the facts and then the door.


I can even hear the chorus of hired girls:

"Just the facts and then the door."

Then the guitar of Dave Gilmour:

Dweedle dum dee doh de doh!


Why I Hate Sheep by Nira no Kamo

Scouted and reviewed by tonsil revenge

Many a young maid in frock and bonnet has wandered crost hill and dale toting a crook and fondly caring for the woollen creatures that gently munch their way across the land... in poetry and painting, maybe, but this wee lass is wading through the muck and the dip in wellies with a pair of wirecutters in her hand and an oath in her mouth.

You've heard of reality programming? Well, this is reality reporting, with every bias proudly on display and every memory etched sharply in the way of a true survivor. You like em? You take care o''em!


Pop Goes Dignity by Scorpion de Rooftrouser

Scouted by Subcom Deidzoeb and Reviewed by Spaceman Spiff

Scorpion de Rooftrouser turns in a wicked review of UK TV programme 'Pop Idol':
'Starting with ludicrously oversubscribed cattle-calls in the major UK cities, the applicants were winnowed down to fifty finalists, then ten, and then the general public got a chance to do what it enjoys most. Mess up the lives of random strangers.... If you'd never seen somebody at the exact point that all their dreams turned to dust, then it was all rather edifying.'


Subtext Ahoy by Subcom.Deidzoeb

Scouted by Spaceman Spiff and Reviewed by ~jwf~

A fair and insightful examination of the state-of-the-art Children's TV show 'Yoho Ahoy'. More than just Teletubbies with eye patches and swords smiley - pirate, these characters are individuals with serious role model ambitions, as this Psuedo-Freudian analysis will show. One day, these little buccaneers may grown up to live in South Park or Springfield. If they can just leave their pirating ways behind them.


COMING NEXT WEEK:

The all new Alternative Writing Guidelines smiley - yikes Learn how to not write for the Edited Guide.
The Galactic Anomolies Group (GAG) has commissioned the Committee for Alien Content (CAC) to show us all how to write something good and still have your allotted fifteen minutes of fame and glory in Another Galaxy Guide (AGG).


We welcome and depend upon your input.

Please, join one of our conversations or start your own at our homepage:
AGG/GAG/CAC
Another Guide to the Galaxy / Galactic

Anomaly Group / Committee for Alien Content

Archives

Original Homepage

Charter Members:

Support Staff/Contributing Scouts


28.02.02. Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A702497

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more