Asterix Project Page

0 Conversations

A shield depicting the masks of tragedy and comedy, a violin and a Greek column.
  • Project Name: The Animated Asterix Films
  • Field Researcher:Bluebottle
  • Faculty: Arts & Entertainment
  • Start Date: 27th July 2010
  • End Date: 20th September 2010
  • Assisting Sub-editor:Gnomon

Project Description

Reviews of the animated Asterix films.

Pages Completed:

Conversation Threads

Back Up Copies Not For Review

As the author I have made a copy of the entire project for their own safe-keeping. This is because it is the project pages themselves that are subbed (not copies, as is the case for Edited Entries), so in the unlikely event of the Sub accidentally deleting a page, I have a back-up.

Why?

As a child I loved reading the Asterix comic books, and discovered the Asterix films. A decade or so later, I got a First Class History degree, having specialised in Roman history and Film and Television history.

A few years ago, on the release of Asterix And The Vikings, I celebrated with an Asterix weekend, where I watched back-to-back Asterix films with friends, including SciFiBloke / The Fish and former H2G2 President Peregrin.

I have visited most of the major Roman sites within the UK - from Fishbourne Roman Palace, Brading Roman Villa, several minor Roman villas and forts, Portchester Castle, Bath, York, etc - and even walked every step along Hadrian's Wall, from South Shields Roman fort to Bowness-On-Solway.

These days, there is a whole internet of articles written about stuff, so I hope to write things with a different angle. I hope to put a bit of my historical study side into the articles about Asterix rather than just write film reviews, after all, as far as I know, no-one else has done that (not that I've looked, admittedly. I don't want to read too many other people's reviews as I want to look at things from my own perspective and not be biased or influenced by others), and if I was to just write exactly the same thing as everyone else, there wouldn't really be much point, would there?

Previous Project Experience

Here is a list of my previous University projects:

  1. Piers Of The Isle of Wight, UK
  2. Anglo-Saxon Isle of Wight
  3. Dinosaurs of The Isle of Wight
  4. Isle Of Wight Shipwrecks
  5. Isle of Wight Radar During The Second World War - Part of Project: Radar.
  6. Halloween: Being The Adventures Of Michael Myers
  7. Yorkshire's Castles
  8. The American Beatles Albums
  9. Beatles Biopics - Coming Soon!

Was that any help whatsover? Am I trying to show off? Or wanted to list them all generally somewhere and thought that this was as good a place as any? You decide!

The Animated Asterix Films

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A72220420

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


References

h2g2 Entries

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more