Hell's old personal space (I)

0 Conversations

"The most powerful computers - our brains - are mostly just polymer glorp soaking in salty water!"
John Marko Scientist @ Cornell

My sweet wife has joined h2g2:Anna

150402: 15


Remember: ---


This is the personal space of Hell, AKA Res171578 (1+7-1)*(5-7+8)=42 (formerly known as: Hell, 168206). A rudimentary picture can be seen here. Please don't hesitate to drop me a line.


The cool POPUPCONVERSATIONS gadget.

Physics, Chemistry, Maths?


Please feel free to ask any questions, I'll be glad to help. (To ask, just add a conversation below). I'll answer ASAP.

Questionably important facts about Hell (please skip):


In the past I was a burger-man (the most influential individual in any society, huh, huh) at a beach resort, editor of a cartoon magazine and cartoonist myself, and a guitarist in a Free-Jazz combo (I'd still like to find some decent musicians to form a new ensemble, but things are tough here). Today I am a Married scientist, have two fantastic kids (Kata, 1; Pavel, 0). I speak a lotsa languages fluently (and I'm currently learning Russian from my wife) - maybe that's why it's difficult to keep my English tidy, or, at least, a good excuse for it.

Oh, and: You might not want to know this



In the USA there are more psychoanalysts than postmen



The sucide rate among psychoanalysts is twice as high as the rate among their patients.



The whole humanity could be placed on the Isle of Wight - standing.



Hurricane --> Huracán: The one legged caribbean deity that rises railing from the sea



From the Talmud: When a Jew stands before his maker, he must justify himself for all the allowed pleasures he did not seize.



The Greywhales mating behaviour explains why jealousy is connected to posessiveness and not to love. The mating will work as follows: Two male Greywhales begin the courtship, and after the female whale made her choice, the one not chosen at first leaves and dives of to leave the two alone during the foreplay. When the foreplay is over and the actual copulation should start, the unchosen Whale will dive up and support both whales on his back to help out on the penetration procedure of the 3 m long penis (The copulation is carried out vertically in the water)



The leather of Hypopotamus is so hard after a 6 year tanning, it is used to grind diamonds. Hypopotamusses have a spatula formed tail which works like a propeller and is used to whirl their excrements while defecating. A Legend says it is that way because God designated the Hypopotamus' dwelling place in the grasslands of Africa. As the Hypopotamus perceived that it's very hot there, he asked God if he could dwell in the water during the daytime and eat grass during the night. God conceded under the condition that the Hypopotamus promised not to secretly eat any fish while in the water. In order to control that he demanded that the Hypopotamus whirls up his feces as described above for him to look out for fishbones.



One of Saturn-Rings is a Moebius band (August F. Möbius German mathematician 1790-1868 )



Heart attacks during bed-entertainment: 1000 occurrences per year. 30% of those happen to married men while visiting their lovers and only 20% with the respective wives. Not having sex at all though rises the heart attack risk even more.



What is the main export-good of Scotland to Saudia Arabia? Sand!



The 10 comandments: 279 words

The 1776 declaration of independence: 300 words

The EU-Regulation on the import of caramel candies: 25911 words



The longest state of war in Europe is between the Province of Zeeland, which refused to sign the Westphalic Peace in 1648 and the Kingdom of Spain. The spokesperson of the dutch crown, Commissioner Willem von Geldern has initiated Peace-Talks in the mid 1990ies. Peace negotiations are still going on.



1550 Billiard was invented in Italy.



The marketing costs of Coca-Cola would suffice to give every family on this planet a bottle.



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A751079

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

References

h2g2 Entries

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more