Naturism

3 Conversations

Why be a naturist, why go naked?

This is really the wrong question, the real question is, why not?

What is in it for you? Fun, friendship, feeling good and better health.

What do you fear?

Embarrassment? Why? We are all the same under our clothes. Fashion and the hunt for the perfect body only leads to dissatisfaction as this perfection is not achievable. Be yourself not a poor copy of an image made for marketing

Sexual offences? There are much lower rates of sex related crime in naturist communities..

Is it frowned upon by your religion? Probably not. It is the religious hierarchy that will frown upon it, nakedness cannot be intrinsically bad. If you believe in a God, how could he have made something shameful? You were not born with clothes.

Pornography? Porn is for sad people who cannot make a good relationship or have a poor image of themselves.

Harm to children? You are quite right to worry about children, obsessive covering up harms their upbringing. Healthy attitudes to bodies helps children become sensible well balanced adults.


If you believe in the political and religious ideal that all humans are born equal, why cling on to clothes that are often only required to suggest social position and status, i.e. you are better than the next person. Does swimwear cover your shape and hence maintain your dignity? Everyone can see your shape, they know you either have a penis or breasts, so what are you covering?

Being naked, especially in the open air or in the water is a wonderful feeling. Just do it. Be yourself.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A763021

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more