Mental Illness

1 Conversation

This is an article on mental illness-but not written by someone who has suffered from a mental illness-but someone who has suffered because of mental illness.

It would be too difficult to write an article which covered all the background to this tale-so I will cut right to 1993.

In 1993 a lot of strange things started to happen at my family home-windows being broken, plants smashed against our doors, torn bin-bags dumped over our garden and odd phone calls-the kind with no-one at the other end.
The next year-1994, my older brother who because of an incident we had nothing to do with, came to our door. I kept out of the way and my mother was able to get him to go. The next time was not so simple.
A few weeks passed-and there he was at the door again. This time my mother let him in. He went mad-started accusing her and myself of talking about him-then
he went towards my mother-and I tried to get between them.
I managed to get him out towards
the front door-when he turned and attacked me-punching me in the face-over and over again.

The Police were called-I was taken to Hospital. Then we had to wait for this to go to court.

When we went to court his lawyer
bullied and taunted myself and my mother-saying we had made it up. He was found Not-Guilty.

After the court, all the things that had been going on-the phone calls etc. kept going on.
We told the Police literally hundreds of times that this was happening-but again and again were told we needed two witnesses.
So eventually there was two witnesses...and he was charged over and over again. I couldn't take any more-I snapped...I went to where he stayed and...well-his window was broken.
When the council workers got in to do the repairs, they found the flat in such a mess that the social dept. was called in. He was detained by the Hospital (sectioned they call it).
on Christmas Eve 2001-my family (my Mother and other Brother)had to go to court. He was found not-guilty of all the charges-on Mental Health grounds.
Now he is in his own flat-in my district. I have to pass him...I have nothing-and he is being cossetted by the system-new clothes, a Holiday in Spain.
Where is the Justice in that???

The Moral of this story is...he had been taking drugs...he would not listen to us...he ruined our lives. See how cool drugs are?!?
Now we have to try and scrape our life together with whatever time is left.
<peacesign>

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Title
Latest Post

Entry

A771068

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more