The Hamster ate our Homework

1 Conversation

Unicorns and a fairy tale

Dear readers,

When you work in the office of an intergalactically recognised newspaper such as this, the strangest things keep turning up on your desk. So we weren't too worried when the following submission was beamed down to us from a distant star. (Our tinfoil hats not only help us get better reception on Radio Brightling, they keep the evil mind rays out, too!)

Unfortunately, the hamster got to it before we could have a proper look, so all that's left is a single picture, and frankly, we have no idea what the heck it means.

'A defiant woman facing off against a shadow.

We'd like to publish it anyway, so please help us reconstruct the other pages that went with it! Was it a news article? A love story? A poem? Someone's holiday snaps? Was there another painting that explains it in exquisite detail?

All we know is that it was no more than 1000 words (any more would have given Elton indigestion) and that it would be really embarrassing not to have something publishable by the 31.01.11. Do us a big favour and come up with something that looks plausible by then! We'll publish the best guesses – and then go buy some industrial-strength tinfoil just in case they do come blast us.

Good luck!

Quizzes and Competitions Archive

Malabarista

17.01.11 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A79690189

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more