Astral Dinosaurs

2 Conversations

Okay, we asked for it. The geniuses at the Alternative Writing Workshop spark off each other, creatively, in ways that might be envied by a V-8 engine. You are about to find out more than you ever knew you wanted to know about...

Astral Dinosaurs

These creatures of Myth and Legend were created from a subject line named "Angels and Dinosaurs" within hootoo and now slightly "modified" to – Astral Dinosaurs or astrosaurs.

Astrosaurs! Has every specialist, in every field of scientific, medical, theoretical and/or any other known areas of human knowledge throughout the world been entirely baffled? Except us. smiley - winkeye

SO! Let's wise them up, eh!

Firstly! We have the...

Halo'saurus

Halo'saurus

(4 legged walking)

This astrosaur is a solitary creature, rarely seen, and most of the time you only know it's been in the area because of the footprints it's left behind.

(There have been unconfirmed sightings around the world over the millennia.)

But! These have always been "clouded" over, to stop any form of panic by the populace thinking of an alien invasion or sorts (the populace tend to get carried away very easily – just take the fact that many think soap operas are real life events).

This Halo'saurus is a 4-legged astrosaur with a single foot base area of 2 sq ft; this is so that it doesn't sink in the upper cloud fields which it mainly inhabits. It is easily identified by the white 3-inch banded halo on the upper part of its skull. This, we reckon, this was some form of status marking within the species. As yet, we can only estimate its size from the few fossilised remains that have been found and it was calculated to be approximately 25 ft long and weighing roughly 4 tons. You may ask? How something that heavy could stay in the clouds, and the answer is quite easy to explain, but I don't have the time so! Tough!

Archangel'adon

(2 legs walking, 2 smaller appendages higher)

Now this astrosaur was the king of the Astrosaurs. It occupied a similar status to the Tyrannosaurus Rex of the human period relating to the Cretaceous Period.

Although from all collated knowledge we have at our disposal, we surmise that none of the astrosaurs were meat eaters. Actually! This is one area that "we" are at a loss on, as in the cloud formations above the Earth, meat or greenery isn't really available. So! We don't know what the hell (not THAT one) they ate.

We apotheosize1 that this was the Royalty amongst the astrosaurs. By all accounts, this magnificent beast majestically walked upright. We can only speculate if it had some form of tail to aid its balance in walking and/or running and what advantages its upper limbs, in size, use etc had in its development are yet to be established, as no fossil remains have ever been discovered.

Heaven'canthosaurus

(legs – no idea ?)

This astrosaur is a conundrum? From all written evidence throughout the ages, we can only speculate that this creature is so immense! that it is impossible to actually give it a size because it is beyond human comprehension to quantify it. Just to say! That it's bloody big, as in really big and I mean BIG! Very much bigger than the word BIG actually means in any dictionary. So I suppose that means huge or enormous even. Until we can glean any further knowledge, we'll leave it as a universal open size question.

Cherub'ceratops

Cherub'ceratops

(2 legs 2 smaller upper limbs and possible wings)

These can have "herds" counting in the millions; they can obscure the night sky in their multitude (or so it's said). They more usually group in crowds of about 10 to 15 for most of the time, but at certain times and we don't have a clue when? And or why? As of yet, these come together in their masses. We don't have precise knowledge of whether this is for any mating/rutting season or migratory reasons or just a social gathering of sorts. But they are harmless and in lots of cases seem to aid humans in watching over them in a mental protection role. This investigation is ongoing and all evidence is being collated for further analysis.

Astral'udimimus

(legs/limbs unknown?)

Another astrosaur that poses a conundrum to us, as we know it's there, but can't actually see it. Sound equipment can pick it up, but trying to distinguish between thunder and its movements is like the proverbial needle in a haystack. As we cannot determine if there's only one or more in a given area, this also includes how many are there and how far do they range? We are estimating that the range of the Astral'udimimus is very extensive. But we are saddened by the fact that we can't give any information on size, weight, shape, skin colour, in fact anything, as we can't see one. We are working on developing some form of scanner that will detect "them". More information will be published as and when we move forward in that field.

Angelic'haeopteryx

Angelichaeopteryx

(2 legs walking, 2 upper limbs)

This particular astrosaur is the princess of all the astrosaurs. There are some males of this species, but from the much cataloguing of the Angelic'haeopteryx, it seems that there is a vast count of females out there. Also, by the many descriptions obtained throughout the world, we can describe "her" as a very curvaceous and slim astrosaur. It's generally acknowledged that this, compared to other astrosaurs, has the ability to adapt to its environment and use whatever resources in the region it is in, to embellish its appearance. We understand that this form of adornment appears to be more around the facial area and as yet, don't have enough factual evidence to say whether this is to attract a mate? To beautify their appearance as a natural cause of events, or that it follows most of the female species of all living creatures. Needless to say though, that out of all the astrosaurs discovered and catalogued, this is the one that seems most humans would like to have at their side or to be "watching" over them as a form of protector and guardian.

Gabriel'eaellynasaura

(2 legs walking, 2 upper limbs)

This species is of a more a male predominant species of astrosaur, closely related to the Angelic'haeopteryx, but different in many ways of course. Gabriel'eaellynasaura's are of a masculine creature, having muscles at various parts of its body, where some are not actually needed for running, strength, etc., but seem to be more for show. This tends to lead researchers to look towards the attracting of a mate and maybe a competitive side between Gabriel'eaellynasaurs.

Also noted from research, is the discovery that this 'saur' has a tendency to be able to control, in an orderly fashion, all the other astrosaurs. What we believe to be the role of a "foreman" keeping order amongst the herds and single roaming astrosaurs. To what purpose, we cannot yet fathom at this moment in time.

Fermament'guellisaurus

(legs/limbs unknown)

We know there is one (at least) but that's as far as it goes, nothing on size/weight/colour or anything?

Imp'horhothon

Imp'horhothon

(2 legs walking, 2 smaller upper limbs, long tail, butting horns?)

Now! In all forms of life, you'll always find a "baddie" species and this one is it. A small astrosaur, which is approximately about the size of an earthbound chimpanzee. These roam about in groups/packs of about 20 to 30 and will attack anything for no apparent reason except malice. They don't seem to attack for a kill or even to disable. More to hinder, sending panic amongst groups of astrosaurs. It's very hard to control these creatures. From all known data collated so far, these do not seem to have any particular sex genes of any gender. How they propagate, therefore, is also unknown. It is thought that they are an egg-laying species, but cannot be verified just yet. Just to say! That if they do appear, its best just to get out of the area and find a quiet part of upper cloud2.

Astral Dinosaurs

  • Halo'saurus
  • Archangel'adon
  • Heaven'canthosaurus
  • Cherub'ceratops
  • Astral'udimimus
  • Angelic'haeopteryx
  • Gabriel'eaellynasaura
  • Fermament'guellisaurus
  • Imp'horhothon

Poetry and Fiction by Prof Animal Chaos

Prof Animal Chaos

Willem

08.08.11 Front Page

Back Issue Page

1I refuse to change that word. That word is too wonderful to change for something boring like 'hypothesise'. – DG2I would certainly sign a pact with an upper cloud at this point. – DG

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A86582055

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more