Freebie Film Tip #4: Marcel Duchamp and his Anemic Cinema

1 Conversation

Freebie Film Tip #4: Marcel Duchamp and his Anemic Cinema

It's here, it's weird. It's by Marcel Duchamp. It's called Anémic Cinéma, and was crafted in 1926. Pretty amazing for its time.

This version has the texts below. No translations, because they are all elaborate puns in French. (Oh, goody! French puns!) Guess at the meanings. Having the texts wll help you avoid the crimp I got in my neck from reading in circles. Try not to think of the Twilight Zone at this point. Do not yield to your partner's suggestion that you are now a chicken.

It's all about Dada. Do you dada? Do you dada in public? Did you know 'dada' was a hobbyhorse? It was certainly Duchamp's hobbyhorse.

You remember Marcel Duchamp: He was the guy who saved Constantin Brâncusi's 'Bird', or was it a kitchen utensil?

If you're still not sure about the weird French master, visit Making Sense of Marcel Duchamp. Then all will be clear to you.

You can survive this. I have faith in you.

Just sit back and think of Basingstoke.

Inside the Rex Cinema, Berkhamsted.
Freebie Film Tips Archive

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A87776266

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

References

h2g2 Entries

External Links

Not Panicking Ltd is not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more