The h2g2 Post 04.03.13

0 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 4th March 2013

The Roads Taken

A statement of power and status. Places to go, things to see, people to talk to. Are you in need of a good road map? Do you rely on sat nav, or your google map printout, or the directions you got from Aunt Bunty? ('When you come to a fork in the road, take it.') Or do you seek out ancient Baedekers in musty libraries, or listen to the voices in your head?

Whatever you use to navigate, bless you, keep doing it.

This week, our writers are all over the place. So what else is new? They've wandered the highways and beaten the hedges, and compelled more than a few fascinating stories to see the light of day.

MVP offers us some clues as to what makes inspiration. In a blast of synchronicity, I write about searching for ideas. Then Florida Sailor goes and demonstrates how this works.

Bob Stafford takes us on the road to Kingston Lacy. Willem's road leads to nature, and the wonders thereof. Pastey's feet led him to an exciting book launch – yay, Spimcoot. Rod's in cyberspace and Awix is in cinema space. Our Nigel is just spaced out, as usual.

Join them. Hiking songs optional.

Remember to record your adventures for us – the email address is below.


Dmitri Gheorgheni

THE ROAD LESS TRAVELLED BY

THE ROAD TO POLOKWANE


 
  • Mopane Tree by Willem

PAVED WITH GOOD INTENTIONS


 

 
ALL ROADS LEAD TO...
  • Eustace
THE ROAD GOES EVER ON

 

 

 

 
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87780072

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more