The Post Quiz: Cat Stuff

1 Conversation

Time to check your knowledge again.

The Post Quiz: Cat Stuff

A cat.

Last week, we promised to give the kitties a turn at the Post Quiz. Clancy insisted. He was pretty loud about it.

'Do you want me to talk about famous cats, like I talked about famous dogs?' I asked. He was contemptuous in a particularly feline way.

'Cats don't NEED to be famous,' he replied. 'Cats are gods.' Well, okay, Mr I-Can't-Open-the Catfood-by-Myself-So-You'd-Better Do-It-NOW. You've got it.

The rest of you will just have to answer the questions. Cats RULE.

  1. If a cat is nine years old, how long has it actually been awake?
  2. Why is a bezoar something you don't want on your rug?
  3. Who has a bigger vocal vocabulary – dogs or cats?
  4. Is a cat's brain biologically more similar to a dog's, or a human's?
  5. Where was the oldest pet cat grave found?
  6. The Spanish Inquisition was mean to cats. How did nature get revenge?
  7. We know about Laika, the Russian cosmonaut pup. What country sent a cat into space?
  8. How did Abraham Lincoln upset Ulysses S Grant and Admiral Porter on the eve of a major Civil War battle?
  9. What did an ancient Egyptian do to mourn the death of his pet cat?
  10. In ancient Egypt, it was illegal – under pain of death – to export cats. So how did all those cats get to Athens?

Think you know your moggies? Then do like Clancy would: put a paw on the ball of yarn and find out the answers.

Curiosity may have killed the cat, but it won't hurt you.

A ball of string.
Post Quiz and Oddities Archive

Dmitri Gheorgheni

22.04.13 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A87791322

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more