The Post Quiz: Spot The Mistkae

0 Conversations

We know! You can use this week's Quiz to practise your proofreading. Then you can volunteer as a Subeditor.

The Post Quiz: Spot the Mistake

A devil changing the letters of a word

You all know Titivilius, the typo demon. He plagues us all. Defeat him with some acute proofreading.

Spot the mistakes, orthographic, syntactic, or grammatical, in these sentences, and correct them.

  1. The dog scratched unhappily at it's fleas.
  2. The bad weather was a terrible disappointment to Mary and I.
  3. I didn't know what the true story was, so I made discrete inquiries.
  4. Be on the lookout for things to write about for the Post if possible take a camera with you.
  5. We can all remember sitting around the campfire and sing this famous song.
  6. Looking out at the horizon, the moon was seen to rise over the hill.
  7. Jean Valjean was a convict who couldn't find a job. Then a kindly priest helps him, and he becomes a respected citizen. Then a police inspector found him and caused trouble.
  8. My favourite books are Lord of the Rings, 'Harry Potter and the Ugly Dragon', and Ender's Game.
  9. Jane was so popular in the beauty contest, she was voted Miss. Congeniality.
  10. The electric food selection includes examples of European and Indian cuisine.

Think you got them all? Click on the picture below to find out.

A young person using a laptop.
Post Quiz and Oddities Archive

Dmitri Gheorgheni

20.05.13 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87795418

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more