Oddity of the Week - Cecelia, You're Breakin' My Heart.

0 Conversations

We round off a month of musical emphasis.

Cecelia, You're Breakin' My Heart

Design for a stained glass window of St Cecelia.

The Library of Congress is not being helpful here: according to the description, this design for a stained glass window by J. & R. Lamb Studios dates from 'between 1857 and 1999'. Wow.

The window design is cool, though. It shows St Cecelia, patron of music, with a set of pan pipes. She makes us think of that great musician, Paul Simon, who composed her a song:

Makin' love in the afternoon,

To Cecelia, up in my bedroom.

I got up to wash my face,

When I come back to bed, someone's taken my place.

Yeah, sometimes inspiration is like that…

This month, Create has been challenging us to write about the soundtrack of our lives. Have you done your bit yet? There's still time. Make your fellow Researchers happy: talk about music.

Post Quiz and Oddities Archive

Dmitri Gheorgheni

26.08.13 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87808189

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more