Rod's Green Man, Part 12

1 Conversation

One Man's Woodcraft: Carving.

The Green Man: Part 12

Rod's Green Man, part 12.

Nothing more done on the basic shape since last time, nor is any more envisaged – it will come out with the vegetation (he said, full of confidence).

Currently I'm thinking I may be able to sidestep that fearsome task of sloping out and down from eyes, nose and lips – I suspect that by the time the leaves are roughed-in, some of that work will have been done and further refinements will show up where or if it needs to be done (on the real stuff, not just attempted envisagement).

Perhaps none? After all, He's likely to be hung on a fence among real greenery so such refinements may be spurious - and perhaps save a major codge-up or two... Anyway, from the camera's point of view (and the carver's) it doesn't seem necessary.

This time it was outlining the leaves – tap-tap-tap with the small mallet on the Vee Tool held at a hopefully appropriate angle, to suggest overlapping leaves.

That fearsome task... Poof! Nothing compared with my trepidation at getting to grips with the foliage.

Articles by Rod

Rod

13.01.14 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A87820518

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more