The Post Quiz: Productive Dreams

0 Conversations

Do you get enough sleep? Do you dream?

The Post Quiz: Productive Dreams

Someone sleeping the sleep of the just

If you're like most of us, you probably don't get enough sleep. When you do sleep, though, you dream – even if you don't know it. Some people are lucky, we guess. They remember their dreams. And sometimes, the dreams help them with their work.

How many of these famous dream-inspired creations do you know? Fill in the blanks.

  1. When Elias Howe was trying to figure out how to build a sewing machine, he dreamed about ...
  2. James Carmeron dreamed The Terminator while he was...
  3. Rene Descartes dreamed up the ... on 10 November, 1619.
  4. Friedrich August Kekule figured out the benzene ring by dreaming of a ....
  5. James Watson allegedly figured out the double helix structure of DNA by dreaming of ...
  6. A vampire dream started off the ...series.
  7. Paul McCartney dreamed the melody to ...
  8. Robert Louis Stevenson was ill when he dreamed the plot for ...
  9. Herge had a nightmare about a skeleton in a white landscape, so he sent Tintin to ...
  10. To understand relativity, Einstein had a dream about some...

Think you dreamed up some good answers? Click on the picture to find out.

Dreaming of sheep
Post Quiz and Oddities Archive

Dmitri Gheorgheni

24.03.14 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87825496

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more