Oddity of the Week: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Fashion

0 Conversations

Would you pick up this hitchhiker? Even if he came from Betelgeuse?

The Hitchhiker's Guide to Fashion

Texas hitchhiker in fancy pointed shoes.

We understand that Men In Black observers often complain that aliens show up in public places – the highway, say, or the public library – looking almost, but not quite, entirely like ordinary people. There's always some detail they miss: the hair's a bit off, or they've missed the fashion by a decade or two. They usually manage to give themselves away with their fashion faux pas. Kind of like the German spy who showed up in Piccadilly during the 1940s dressed like Bertie Wooster, complete with spats…he got arrested and subjected to an Allied makeover.

This hitchhiker showed up on a Texas roadside in the late 1930s. What do you make of him? Note the shoes. Our guess is: either he's a runway model from the last decade who had an accident involving the 'Queer Eye' folk and a time machine, or…he's from Betelgeuse. He has an electronic thumb hidden someone, plus a copy of the Hitchhiker's Guide that's in serious need of an update.

Let's face it: those shoes are NOT 'mostly harmless'.

Post Quiz and Oddities Archive

Dmitri Gheorgheni

24.11.14 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87843540

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more