February: Ancestors

1 Conversation

create promo by FWR

Do you know who you are? Of course, you know your name, address and place of birth. But what about your parents and grandparents? Do you know where they came from and what they did for a living? Perhaps you should do.

During the many series of Who Do You Think You Are:

  • Lesley Garret discovered her great-great grandfather was suspected of killing his wife.
  • Alan Cumming discovered that the 'accidental shooting' of his grandfather was actually a result of his playing Russian Roulette.
  • And Alex Kingston discovered her 'inner whore' when she found out her 4x grandmother ran a house of ill-repute.
  • So let's celebrate our ancestors. Write an account based on your grandfather's experience in the First World War. Tell us about your great aunt who came from India. Tell an Ellis Island story, or an adventure in the Canadian Rockies, Australian Outback, or veldt. Or research and write about a historical event in which they took part. And send poems and photos.

    The revelations may not be as shocking as those above, but we all have a history to reveal, so share it with us.


    Bookmark on your Personal Space


    Conversations About This Entry

    Entry

    A87847780

    Infinite Improbability Drive

    Infinite Improbability Drive

    Read a random Edited Entry


    Disclaimer

    h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

    Write an Entry

    "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

    Write an entry
    Read more