The Post Quiz: Useless Factoids

0 Conversations

The 'Useless Facts' thread on h2g2 is a mine of fascinating, though useless, information. Match wits with our nitwit posters.

The Post Quiz: Useless Factoids

Spaghetti.

All of this useless information comes from h2g2ers. Aren't you glad you know them?

Short answers. (Please.)

  1. The word 'guacamole' is derived from two Nahuatl words, 'ahuacatl' and 'molli'. What does 'guacamole' mean, according to its original etymology?
  2. What is a single strand of spaghetti called?
  3. What part of the United States has the area code 321?
  4. What useful office supply was invented by Monkee Mike Nesmith's mother?
  5. What interesting feature did Dr Schrödinger's door in Vienna have?
  6. What king of England had Uranus named after him in 1781?
  7. What 'medicine' sold in the 1830s was known as 'Dr. Miles' Compound Extract of Tomato'?
  8. According to the Useless Facts geniuses, what is the meaning of the word 'gambrinus'?
  9. According to medical historians, why did Ivan the Terrible have such a terrible attitude?
  10. Where does German Chocolate Cake get its name?

All right, we are aware that, even if you know the answers to these questions, you may not wish to admit it. So pretend you don't, and click on the picture for the correct responses.

Post Quiz and Oddities Archive

Dmitri Gheorgheni

12.10.15 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87861234

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more