Writing Right with Dmitri: Greatest Hits Challenge

2 Conversations

Writing Right with Dmitri: Greatest Hits Challenge

Editor at work.

Every once in a while, it's a good idea to look back.

No, I don't mean to reminisce. But to remember that when we write, we aren't writing on water. Okay, we're writing on pixels. But hey, those pixels hang around. I know the people over in the chat portion of this website are interested in the here and now, but what we're trying to do is build up a bank of useful writing that we and our readers can consult again and again.

That's why we have archives (see the bottom of this page). That's why we have search engines (see the top of this page). And that's why, every once in a while, it's a good idea to go rummaging in the idea attic.

So I'm going to ask you to do something this week, when you have a bit of time. Please go into your own personal archives – the storehouse of your personal writing as listed on your Personal Space – and find an old favourite of yours to share. Post it at the bottom of this page, so we can enjoy it, too. This will serve to remind us that what we write hangs around. It might inspire us to new writing, too.

If you have even more time on your hands, go looking at other writers on this site. Share some of your favourites from their body of works, too. It's all good.

You might learn something about where you've been, and how far you've come. You might tickle the grey cells a bit. And you might get one of the reasons that this is such a worthwhile long-term project.

Now, give me something to read.

Writing Right with Dmitri Archive

Dmitri Gheorgheni

08.02.16 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A87866860

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more