The Post Quiz: Conspiracy Theories 'R Us

0 Conversations

Get your X-Files credentials here. Just pass the test.

The Post Quiz: Conspiracy Theories 'R Us

Conspiracy theories are all the rage, it seems. Test your expertise.

Fill in the blanks. (Choices below.)

  1. People who demand proof of citizenship from US political candidates are called _______.
  2. Those clamouring for more information on the events of 11 September 2001 are termed ________.
  3. The Moon Landing Hoax involves accusing NASA (and maybe Stanley Kubrick) of making a science fiction movie in 1969. The original Moon Hoax involved Bat People and was staged by the New York ____.
  4. The first gothic novel published in the US was in 1800. It concerned a shadowy group of movers and shakers called the ____________, and they're still around to bother us. Or so rumour has it.
  5. Are you up for a chymical wedding? Followers of the possibly mythical Christian Rosenkreuz call themselves ____________.
  6. If you're not happy with the official story about 22 November 1963, you might be really interested in what happened on the _______________.
  7. The Great Seal of the United States (from 1776) is the subject of a conspiracy theory. Why? Its reverse side bears the words novus ordo seclorum, which conspiracy buffs take to be a reference to the much-hated __________________________.
  8. If you believe the Phoebus Cartel is keeping you in the dark, you subscribe to the ____________________.
  9. Do you believe that government agents are secretly using time travel? (Pick me up some antiques.) Then you probably know all about the ______________.
  10. Are you afraid that digital television is being used for mind control? Then you should probably make yourself a ___________.

Choices: tinfoil hat, Light Bulb Conspiracy, Grassy Knoll, birthers, truthers, Rosicrucians, Sun, New World Order, Montauk Project, Illuminati.

Is the truth out there? Or are these theorists full of it? Click the picture to match the nuts…er, visionaries…with their descriptions.

A mermaid riding a sea monster
Post Quiz and Oddities Archive

Dmitri Gheorgheni

01.08.16 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87875473

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more