The Post Quiz: Fictional Psychics

0 Conversations

How occult is your knowledge? Take the quiz, but beware: the spirits are watching!

The Post Quiz: Fictional Psychics

How many of these fictional psychics do you know? Have you met them personally?

Fill in the blanks with the names of famous fictional occultists, necromancers, mediums, and suchlike spooky persons.

  1. A contemporary of Hercule Poirot, the US fictional occultist ________________________ is a wealthy former intelligence agent who helps people with their supernatural problems. He's got a magic swordstick with a blade forged by Saint Dunstan.
  2. This more modern occult detective lives in Chicago and fights evil while maintaining his hardboiled persona. __________________ also has a familiar spirit named Bob who lives in a skull.
  3. Detective _______________________ (not his 'real' fictional name) has a holistic detective agency, and that's all readers of the h2g2 Post need to know.
  4. Between 1910 and 1912, English writer William Hope Hodgson invented _____________, the occult detective who lived in fashionable Chelsea.
  5. When the X-Men need psychic help, they can always call ___________________.
  6. When it comes to goat-staring, you can't beat the New Earth Army's ______________________.
  7. TV's _________________ isn't really a psychic detective. He just has an eidetic memory and incredibly bad taste in snack food.
  8. FBI man ________________________ may be psychic, and he may have seen a few UFOs, too. The truth is out there.
  9. Aleister Crowley (who might have been a bit of an occult detective himself) invented ___________________________, a psychic sleuth whose main mission was to solve Crowley's cash flow situation.
  10. The most famous occult detective of all is probably ______________________, who chased Dracula all over Europe. (You might say he staked his claim to fame. Or you might be too dignified.)

Okay, you want hints? Real psychics don't need no stinking hints. But here are the possibilities:

  • Simon Iff
  • Fox Mulder
  • Lyn Cassady
  • Harry Dresden
  • Abraham van Helsing
  • Judge Pursuivant
  • Shawn Spencer
  • Thomas Carnacki
  • Charles Xavier
  • Dirk Gently

Want to check your work? Use a crystal ball, or click the picture for answers.

Post Quiz and Oddities Archive

Dmitri Gheorgheni

17.10.16 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87878911

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more