The Post Quiz: TEN AMAZING PHOTOS YOU MUST SEE BEFORE YOU DIE! Answers

0 Conversations

What do you think? Can we give Fake News a run for its money?

TEN AMAZING PHOTOS YOU MUST SEE BEFORE YOU DIE! Answers

All of these images come courtesy of the Library of Congress. If you pay taxes in the US, be proud. If you're benefitting, be grateful. We don't have to rely on those Youtube collections.

Answers to the Fun Questions.

Picture

You've seen this location. It was reproduced faithfully in what blockbuster film by Martin Scorsese?

  • Silence
  • The Last Temptation
  • Gangs of New York. (He did a good job.)
  • Godfather III

Picture

Don't confuse this handsome devil with Brad Pitt, though many have. Who was he?

  • JEB Stuart
  • Jesse James. Not as glamorous as you'd imagined? Gangsters often aren't.
  • Kit Carson
  • Tyler Durden

Picture

The teacher leading these students in the Pledge of Allegiance wasn't part of a movie. She was living the Civil Rights Movement in the late 1950s. But she has something in common with the movie A-list. What is it?

  • Her son is Will Smith.
  • She later starred in an award-winning documentary.
  • She lived next door to Meryl Streep.
  • Her last name is Cumberbatch. Ms Claire Cumberbatch lived in New York and was an activitist.

Picture

This hotel is in Washington, D.C. What do the locals call it?

  • The Trump Dump
  • Watergate Plumbers Union
  • The Hinckley Hilton. A man named Hinckley tried to kill somebody named Reagan at the T Street NW exit of this hotel.
  • Little Caesar's Palace

Picture

What is unusual about this watermelon?

  • It was grown in an atomic test area.
  • It was a statue at the watermelon center in Texas. Weatherford, Texas is the spot.
  • It was grown from genetically altered seeds.
  • It was grown by Ronald Reagan.

Picture

This trippy mural comes from the Haight-Ashbury District in San Francisco. Carol M. Highsmith captured this hippie vision. What mythical name is given to the lady with the snakes for hair?

  • Medulla Oblongata
  • Cher
  • Lamia
  • Medusa Remember Perseus? Remember stop-action movies?

Picture

This man's just hanging around outside the campus engineering building in West Lafayette, Indiana. What did he do to get his own statue?

  • Walk on the moon That's Neil Armstrong. They named the building after him.
  • Invent a rocket
  • Build the Brooklyn Bridge
  • Invent television

Picture

Where does Carol Highsmith find these things? This one's in Oregon. What's the name of this remarkable geological formation? (No, it's NOT photoshopped. We have ethics'n'stuffz.)

  • Oregon Pinnacle
  • Brown Sugar Mountain
  • Hat Rock It's sort of. . . apt, don't you think? I take a 7 and a half.
  • Roy Rogers Peak

Picture

Where was this unusual piece of graffiti located? (Hint: a military photographer took the picture.)

  • Inside a World War II bunker in Germany
  • In the stairwell of an atomic missile silo We guess they got bored waiting for World War Three.
  • In an army canteen in Hawaii
  • In a Pentagon washroom

Picture

Civic pride? What are these people up to, and where?

  • Burning Jewish books in Berlin
  • Burning 'dirty' books in York
  • Burning contraceptive information in Boston
  • Burning German textbooks in Wisconsin Wisconsin, a state largely founded by freedom-loving German immigrants, outlawed the teaching of the 'enemy tongue' in 1918. Go figure.

Whether you knew (guessed) these or not, at least you've had your time-wasting entertainment for the day, courtesy of the h2g2 Post.

Post Quiz and Oddities Archive

Dmitri Gheorgheni

30.01.17 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87884356

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more