'Subbies' Mess Hall

14 Conversations

Best viewed in Brunel skin

Are you a Sub-editor?

Welcome to 'Subbies' Mess Hall!



Here at Subbies, over a plate of piping hot gravy and haggis, you can discuss problems or queries concerning an Entry you're subbing for the Edited Guide. Why is it called the a 'Mess Hall'? Because here, you can make as much mess as you like, then clean it up before it hits the 'fan'!

Do You Want Peas With That?

As a Sub-editor, you may feel you've got an Entry to polish up for the Edited Guide that you're not all that comfortable with. If you need a second opinion and the Help Pages or Guidelines don't explain it, or you can't quite follow what the author was on about, then this is the place to come and talk to other h2g2 Researchers! You might find there's someone who knows more about the subject matter than you and can help you out with it. There may be a more experienced Sub-editor who could point you in the right direction. Don't be shy in asking for a helping hand. We're all here to make the Edited Guide the best of the best!

Can I See Your ID Please?

Not a Sub-editor? It doesn't matter, you're more than welcome to help yourself to some fish 'n' chips. Your expertise in another field may just help clear up something for someone else! Whether you're an average h2g2 Researcher, or a Scout, Guru, ACE, Field Researcher, UnderGuide Volunteer, Post Reporter or even Staff - your knowledge may be integral!

Eat In or Take Away?

Help can be found in a variety of places all over h2g2. There's a little bit of everything;

Don't Forget

h2g2 is a community. Talk to each other! Just remember no-one likes flaming or trolling, so be aware of the House Rules.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A9964092

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more